Click here to learn more about St. Patrick's.
ESL FOR HEALTH CARE WORKERS
ESL for Health Care Workers is currently not being taught.
If you are interested in being informed when it is offered in the future, please fill in the form further down this page and we will inform you by e-mail when it becomes available.
The course is designed to help ESL students to become proficient in the language requirements of the health care field.
This course will benefit personal care workers, patient sitters, homes for the aged and nursing home attendants, among others. It provides an excellent opportunity for those who have worked in the health care field in other countries to re-enter their chosen field of work in Canada. For those seeking to work in the health care field, this course will be a springboard to help achieve their dreams.
- reading, writing, speaking, listening skills in a medical context
- medical terminology
- health worker / client role-playing
- functional language for providing assistance, giving explanations, referring, recommending, etc.
- awareness of the use of colloquial and idiomatic English
- health specific job-searching techniques
- the Canadian Health system
Please fill in the form below if you are interested in the course.
This course is currently not available.
St. Patrick's Adult School
290 Nepean Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 5G3